[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - RWD BEAMS Conversion
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: RWD BEAMS Conversion
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:07 pm 
Just arrived..

Good day gents

I've been considering this lately, but some things really have me in a corner.

Mikes has the motor with the 6-speed manual tranny for R17900, but with no Electronics :( . However he does supply the Spitronics unit with the VVT-i controllers for about R4950.

I've never done nor seen a conversion done without the factory loom, so that really has me confused. how is the wiring done to the engine and the rest of the car?
Another problem is the fuel system, I can't find any info on wether the beams is a return or returnless fuel system.

I'm really contemplating this conversion, but as you can see i'm fairly clueless on what needs to be done :oops:

P.S it might be into a Miata :P

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance :thumb:

Post subject: Re: RWD BEAMS Conversion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:49 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Mike's is not the only option...try Engine Imports CT ;)

Joe will be able to hook you up with a decent engine & 6 spd & the price will be less too :thumb: You can even check if they have 1 with an ECU.

Factory loom will only be engine related...nothing to do with the rest of the car...just all necessary electronics for the engine.

Anything else, ask away...Lincoln from Jaylan Performance did the conversion, so I can ask him for you

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:12 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

I've wired up 2 Beams motors for the stock car guys now with the Spitronics. They work very well and is easy to do.

Just get the newer Mercury ECU, it already has the cam controllers built in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:52 am 
Just arrived..

:thumb: Thanks for the quick responses guys!!

Can someone hook me up with the contact details of Joe or so? the location of the place? I cant find it looking on google :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:08 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

This is young Joe's number...owner is big Joe...lol

07eight416two33two

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:19 pm 
Just arrived..

:thumb: Thanks bro

Big Jo has the whole setup for just R15500 :shock: thats super cheap! I'l still look at it, if I cant find an Altezza that rolled then i'll definitely go for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:07 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:07 am 
2 Bar BOOST!