[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - My 2e tazz/conquest to Boksie's 4AGTE conversion
View unanswered posts View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Re: My 2e tazz/conquest to Boksie's 4AGTE conversion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:03 pm 
foot flat

Shot man AWESOME!!!

Ja i'm sure as hell going to Wes, they are doing Beautiful SS art! lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:27 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

No stress. We can get him sorted.

On the turbo.....your problem could just be a dirty filter. The turbo is looking for places to suck air now cos it cant get enough throught that dirty filter.....now its running in vacuum and drawing oil passed the seals. Not thts theres anything wrong with the seals. They only made to withstand so much.You have pressure on the top side(supply) then an assist sucking on the other side. So i would just clean everything and maybe replace the filter or run without one to monitor the situation a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:32 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:01 pm 
foot flat

EPIC!!! today is abit crazy at work I shall bother you tomorrow in the morning!!! I was checking things out abit yesterday, is this something Serious? not sure if you guys can make out from the vid...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5WVL8h ... load_owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:11 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Pulley possibly cracked. Not the trigger wheel.....the actual pulley. We had a few crack on us!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:11 pm 
foot flat

Hey Guys,

Firstly, apologies Wes for not calling, super busy at work these days!!! I will call you tomorrow though!

So Saturday morning got up early to check afew things on as suggested by Wes and D-Mon but found my battery PAP lights go on but the poor Fuel Pump does nothing and doesnt even swing! Car was standing just 2 days! This is the longest she has stood without starting her up and idling for 15min. This happened before but I thought it was a bad battery or something, went to a battery place and they replaced the cable from the alternator to the battery was a issue! After this I never really had issues and my idling was much better as a result!

Anyways jumped her, idling was abit rough, drove her around abit and all seemed well. Got home to check some stuff again and looked my fuel pressure it seemed abit low but keep in mind I did a self install!!! Anyways took a video this morning, she drove very well though. Let me know what you guys think?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS1qo4Pr8-8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:32 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

That might be fuel smoke.
The map might not be right.

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:42 am 
foot flat

Ja thought as much, any ideas on how to figure out whats drawing current from battery after its switched off!?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:37 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

You use a multimeter.

Read this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:57 pm 
foot flat

Thanks Tiaan,

Being going through some youtube vids! Interesting stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:08 pm 
foot flat

Update , still doing testing with Regards to whats drawing current when my car is off. Something I did discover, the thick Black wire with thin yellow stripe by my ignition that i tapped into for my TachnoBooster is LIVE even though ignition is off! Any idea where this wire goes before I search!? Sorry no pic.

Also thought I'd post pics of my clearance of my Turbo and Filter, you guys think its ok!? going to driving her without the filter (took off this morning) just to see if that makes any difference with regards to oil leak on the Turbo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:24 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Somewhere theres a fuckup and if you disconnect your tachobooster the current draw will reduce or dissappear. if you have an alarm the meter should show it as a parasitic draw. Clearance to filter seems good. As a general rule. if you cant remove it easily its too close.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:15 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Clearance is ok, I wouldn't drive without a filter no matter what who tells you. If it is the filter, then get a bigger better flowing one. As in bigger circumference not taller.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:41 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Its just to confirm if the filter is indeed the cause of the problem or if the turbo is moer toe. Not a permanent solution!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:43 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:25 am 
foot flat

Thanks for reply guys! Much Appreciated! I will report back on the Turbo thing over the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm 
foot flat

Update : didnt get much time for anything , I havent been driving her much so I only report back on the Turbo Oil leak over next few days but today it looked clean after driving like a mal person to work. Did manage to relook at the idling issue though, bought some Throttle Body Cleaner and Engine Cleaner from Midas and cleaned the Intake and Throttle Body, didnt take it off though. Perhaps I will take it off and give it a good scrub. Then I took out the spark plugs, it didnt look so lekka so after googling this indicates she is running Lean, what you guys think?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:25 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Quick answer......yes it does look lean. But post another side shot!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:03 am 
0.5 bar boost

take the car for a nice spirited drive then switch off and pull a plug dont let it idle as it changes the color of the plug....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:18 pm 
foot flat

Update : did as suggested here are the pics lean or not!? Should I increase Fuel Pressure if its running lean!?

This is the turbo leak thing for the last few days, doesnt look bad at all, i should say that my oil was at maybe 60-70% full this morning so im not sure if that matters.

The Battery drain thing, looks like my ECU and TachnoBooster is running off a wire I put in just for the Tachno ( I'm not sure when Seraaj changed this. ). When i disconnect it , the drain drops substantially but there is still a drain. The thick black with yellow stripe wire was never live live, it only went on with the ignition so im not sure where to look to resolve this, any ideas most welcomed?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next