[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - Sponcership to help fund Racing.
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Sponcership to help fund Racing.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:26 am 
0.5 bar boost

Hi Guys

We have finished racing for this year and for my Rookie year I think I have done pretty well.

I have managed to finish 3rd over all in my class in the Championship and managed to bring home a couple op toffees in the process as well.

I have also spend lots of money on stuff that did not work/failed/blowup or just not up to standard for what we need.

So I have looked at things for next year and would like to start building a rose-joint front suspension so we can set all the different settings for the front and not only tow-in and Camber.

I also want to eliminate any movement we get through the rubbers etc.

Now I am battling to develop the car and pay Race fees, Tyres and Fuel.

Looking at next years Racing Calendar Midas has decided that we only racing 7 times.

So I will be spending R7000 on race fees (R1000 x 7)
R3500 on Fuel (R500 x 7)
R1800 on Tyres (R600 x 3 sets)

So the racing Budget for next season will be R12300.

Now if I can raise that or say half that in sponsorships then it will be allot easier to develop the suspension and get more seat time under the belt.

Now the BIG question.

How do you get sponsored for racing?

There is not allot I can offer to the company/person for the money he is handing over..... I mean yes I can have stickers made (any size etc for free) and put it on the car and yes people on Facebook and at the track (and on the Forum) will see it and I could put some banners/Flags where we stop in the pits for the sponsors but will that be sufficient to convince them to give me some money??

Then How to you do it? Do you just walk in to a shop ask for the owner and say " Hi I am so and so and would you like to sponsor me?

I know if someone came to me like that I would just say sorry not thank you.......

So guys how does one get sponsorship or do you maybe know of someone in JHB/Pta that will be willing to help a Fellow racer out?

Here is some pics of the car at Zwartkops last week.

Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-048.jpg
Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-048.jpg [ 163.56 KiB | Viewed 7801 times ]

:thumb:
As you can see Lots of space for Sponsor stickers and we can go nice and big so it is easy to spot.
:mrgreen:
Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-167.jpg
Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-167.jpg [ 133.18 KiB | Viewed 7801 times ]

Giving the V6 Capri , 280 Straight 6 Merc and 2.0l Alfa a run for their money...
:worship:
Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-195.jpg
Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-195.jpg [ 141.83 KiB | Viewed 7801 times ]

Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-262.jpg
Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-262.jpg [ 173.78 KiB | Viewed 7801 times ]

Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-332.jpg
Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-332.jpg [ 191.18 KiB | Viewed 7801 times ]

Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-373.jpg
Historic-Saloons-FGH-T-Bred-20131109-373.jpg [ 160.65 KiB | Viewed 7801 times ]

Post subject: Re: Sponcership to help fund Racing.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:58 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

What I have seen before is guys make stickers saying, "You company name here" and stick it in the open spaces, with some kind of contact details in smaller print below. So you are sort of advertising ad space almost. It could also work if you have a company in mind to make stickers exactly like what their logo is for instance, but leave their name or some element off and put the "Your company name here" in it's place, would give them a good idea of how visible their name would be.

Post subject: Re: Sponcership to help fund Racing.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:41 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Hi Mossie,

Maybe read through this viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5960&hilit=sponsor hope it helps

The novalty of having an oldskool engine will wear off when some punk kid smokes you in his Susuki Baleno with hairdryer,neons and roof wing And when you pull up at the next set of lights he'll suggest to race for headjobs, cause in his mind having to give or take... Its still a win-win