[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - My first 1/4mile event with my 1.3 ever! *Pics added*
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Re: My first 1/4mile event with my 1.3 ever! *Pics added*
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:30 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

The unos all broke the shaft that the spider gears are on too, throwing it all out of the housing, usually my making its own hole lol.

I replaced 4 gearboxes AND replaced 3 or 4 of those shafts when I felt something wrong before it broke.

It might be cold here, but it has its benefits:
100Mb Uncapped Internet
Cheap cars
Even cheaper women!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:30 pm 
teacher's pet

again. nice time boet. i got a set of semi's hook up for the next event. when you say wkw, is that wheel kilowatts? how do they measure that

ex vw caddy 1.6 cam
ex NIssan 200sx
ex 1.3T corsa ute. on boost
ex130 mazda midge (daily drive)
ex 1.3 Yaris on Wednesdays

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:41 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Yes that is wheel kilowatts, up here they dyno the car and the power they get is corrected for up here, at the wheels.

Even street tyres just warm them up and keep them 1.8 bar ish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:09 am 
teacher's pet

did a little research last night and found that the dyno (CHASSIS DYNO METER) as we know it, can only measure spinning power and force at the wheels, as its the wheels thats on the rollers, fly wheel kw is measured on a bench dyno, usually at factories and without any load what so ever. NO gearbox,diff,alternator ,body ,etc. then theres a dyno that measures from the hub, as this would eliminate variables like tyre size, preasure ,etc.
also there cant be a formula to convert fly wheel kw to wheel kw, as there is to many factors to consider. like light weight parts, factory imperfections etc.
IS THIS CORRECT?

ex vw caddy 1.6 cam
ex NIssan 200sx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:40 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

The dyno's can measure wheel kw and flywheel kw. You'll see when they do a power run, at some stage the computer will say apply clutch, but you don't apply brakes yet, at that stage while it's winding down it'll determine how much drag the drivetrain has and what the resulting loss is because of that. Then at some stage the dyno will say apply brakes at which stage it'll display the actual flywheel power.

You'll see when you look at a dyno sheet there's another 3rd line on the bottom that gradually slopes upwards towards the right of the sheet, that's the drivetrain drag, if you deduct that from the actual power at any given point you have the wheel kw.

That's why when they do a power run you'll see something like 110kw display just before it says apply clutch, but when the final kw is shown it's normally like 10 or 15kw higher than you saw during the run.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:37 pm 
teacher's pet

thanks boksie

ex vw caddy 1.6 cam
ex NIssan 200sx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:52 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Thanks Mr Boksie never knew about the lower line and suntractions. Very interesting

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:59 pm 
teacher's pet

very helpful ne

ex vw caddy 1.6 cam
ex NIssan 200sx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:27 am 
teacher's pet

whens the next event for you phsyco?

ex vw caddy 1.6 cam
ex NIssan 200sx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Well popped the radiator, so need to sort that. Hoping febuary they have a proper event at tarlton. Then they'll have a proper track bite etc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:24 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

3 FEB isnt it??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:08 pm 
0.5 bar boost

What event is that Mr Worx? Will check it out then! Have lots of work them

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:54 am 
Just arrived..

FRV 2.0l manual