[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - My first 1/4mile event with my 1.3 ever! *Pics added*
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: My first 1/4mile event with my 1.3 ever! *Pics added*
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:49 pm 
0.5 bar boost

So saturday was the Boost junkies event and I had a blast!

The day started off with the 1km runs, they would time both 1/4mile and then the 1km max speed. Had breeze from behind and was cool in the morning.

So for my very first run I lined up, didn't warm tyres, still had the jack etc in the car and tyres on stock daily pressure.
I ran a 15.4 and 199km/h at the 1km mark.

Second run 15.2 and 201km/h.
Third was also 15.2s, wasn't going to go for any more 1km runs.

Then removed the spare wheel, jack, back board lowered tyres to 1.8 bar. Lined up warmed them up nicely.

Reaction of 0.6 and hit a 13.9 :shock: both my dad and I thought we had heard wrong and was supposed to be a 14.9 but it was a 13.9

Run after that hooked up a brilliant launch on the michelins and hit a 13.5 and 0.5 reaction time. Was truly stoked!

Later the day in the "proper" 1/4mile racing hit a best of 14.2 with hot weather and wind from the front!

I was running 1.1ish bar over my stock 0.9bar and 130wkw. So guessed 145ishwkw.

So do you think it was a fluke or has the little 1.3 got it in it for 13 second runs?

Last edited by Mr.Psycho on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: My first 1/4mile event with my 1.3 ever!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:03 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

WOW!!! NICE! congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:09 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

All of my best times was at about 150kw in the uno so I think your times are spot on!! So Congrats!!!

Wheres the pics and videos??? :)

It might be cold here, but it has its benefits:
100Mb Uncapped Internet
Cheap cars
Even cheaper women!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

:eek:

:thumb:

:worship:

:pics:

The novalty of having an oldskool engine will wear off when some punk kid smokes you in his Susuki Baleno with hairdryer,neons and roof wing And when you pull up at the next set of lights he'll suggest to race for headjobs, cause in his mind having to give or take... Its still a win-win

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:06 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

I forgot that you normally only do 200m drags hey??

100Mb Uncapped Internet
Cheap cars
Even cheaper women!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:14 pm 
0.5 bar boost

When I get the pictures ill duly post them up lol

Yes normally only do 200m racing as its close to where I live. I was hoping for a best of 15 flat lol. Honestly never expected that! But if you say it sounds right then I'm very happy lol next is semi slicks lol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:56 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

Oh!! Is that without semis???? Super awesome times!!!

100Mb Uncapped Internet
Cheap cars
Even cheaper women!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:30 am 
0.5 bar boost

Yes without semi's lol but my gearbox has ver short ratios on the 1km run was very close to 5th gear limiter at 200 :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:08 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

That's awesome, well done :worship:

4AGE 20valve (Silvertop) Tazz 2006 - ex
1976 Beetle - ex

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 am 
0.5 bar boost

Thanks very much guys! Hoping after I sort out a new clutch I can keep it at those times. I think the power is now right just want to sort the traction.

Funny enough I wanted a 13.5 with the new motor lol never expected it from the 1.3 lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Ok, I'm probably the only one here that don't know this but what car is this?

The novalty of having an oldskool engine will wear off when some punk kid smokes you in his Susuki Baleno with hairdryer,neons and roof wing And when you pull up at the next set of lights he'll suggest to race for headjobs, cause in his mind having to give or take... Its still a win-win

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:46 am 
0.5 bar boost

Its a corsa b 130i turbo. Got a build thread on here.

Stock 1.3 block pistons etc, stock gearbox and clutch. Changed the head to drop compression and running t28/t3 on dictator. 0.9bar makes 130wkw.

Cars weighed stock 860kg but I've added the turbo kit removed the rear seats and added a half cage for safety

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:24 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Nice!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:41 pm 
teacher's pet

WOW that's awesome time dude

ex vw caddy 1.6 cam
ex NIssan 200sx
ex 1.3T corsa ute. on boost
ex130 mazda midge (daily drive)
ex 1.3 Yaris on Wednesdays

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:42 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Some pictures from the day

Side

Post subject: Re: My first 1/4mile event with my 1.3 ever! *Pics added*
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:05 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Looks like some fun was being had. :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:53 am 
foot flat

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

OUPAL that is mos evil times :eek: :eek: :eek: :thumb:

and top end is crazy for a 1300 :) yatter making me think i can ma turbo my corsa also .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Thanks Mr tautzy! I was really shocked with those times!

The little 1.3/1.4 motors love boost lol. You'll love it! I'd love to try the 1/4mile again but with semi slicks. I was very fortunate had great traction with the michelene pilot exalto's. Still spun in first as you can see in the picture :lol: but pulled well in second onwards.

Hoping to run faster with the same motor just tweak little things here and there

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 pm 
foot flat

Last edited by Tauzty on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:30 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Lol I doubt you'll break your F20 especially with the verwey in it.

As for me, I still have the stock f13 in it. They have a tendancy to break spider gears :oops: but the corsa is more of an allrounder then drag car. I want to get it good at everything as its quite light and chuckable