[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - New member- 1982 corolla ke70
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: New member- 1982 corolla ke70
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:57 pm 
Just arrived..

howsit guys, I've been a member for a while now and finally made enough progress on my first project to post about. I have a 1982 Toyota corolla 1.3 and since I'm still learning the basics, I figured i'd swop the 1300 motor out with a simple 3t motor and rebuild the 3t from scratch with all brand new parts so I can learn the ins and outs of a simple push rod engine.It wouldn't be much fun to build the motor exactly to stock spec so I've done one or two minor mods. I'm almost done in terms of getting in running and driving, the only thing stopping me now is setting up the weber 40 sidedrafts as I'm unsure as to what size jets are required for a 3t and I would appreciate any advice I can get, I know how everyone here loves pictures so I'm going to try my best to post as many as i can. :D

Post subject: Re: New member- 1982 corolla ke70
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:08 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

WOW! Neat cabbie bru.

And those Webers! Eargasm of note!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:08 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Hi,
Welcome!!!

I think you can start of with these settings:
WeberJetting.jpg~original.jpg
WeberJetting.jpg~original.jpg [ 65.9 KiB | Viewed 7274 times ]

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:12 pm 
Just arrived..

Thanks tiaan and nadeeme :thumb: so those settings work on dcoe carbs as well? a few more before and after pics...

the stock 1300

3t before

3t after

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:14 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Love those old 3T's! nice project, keep it going!

I find it interesting that people say a push rod engine is simple, they are actually far more complicated than a modern overhead cam engine.

Anyway, as long as the chokes and throat sizes are similar, the settings Tiaan posted will get you very close if not exactly in the right spot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:30 pm 
Just arrived..

Thanks boksie.
Is it?! This is the first engine i ever worked on and i just assumed it was simple because its from the 80's. I think you might have jus given me the guts to try building a 4age or more modern motor in the future. Okay some one else mentioned the following set up to me. Please Let me know what you guys think.
Mains-120
Air correctors -200
Emulsion tubes- f11
Pump jets- 040
Idle jets -045 f8

Not sure how big of a role my modifications will play with the amount of fuelling needed but the cylinder head has been flowed, ported and skimmed , cam has been reprofiled to 272 if i remember correctly, 40 thou rebore . At the moment theres a facet fuel pump , i will eventually get a better pump with a pressure regulator and a better flowing exhaust manifold and exhaust but for now im jus dying to drive my car

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:27 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Very nice car Thiro...

I think its time do ditch the sidies... :twisted:
FB_IMG_1438340357577.jpg
FB_IMG_1438340357577.jpg [ 46.75 KiB | Viewed 7247 times ]

This is my buddies 3T running fuel injection & a set of Toyota 20v throttles...I made the leads for him & can't recall if I supplied the coil as well :mrgreen:

Electronic fuel control is waaaaay more accurate & consistent, but I understand if you are a purest & wanna stick to old school too :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:27 am 
Just arrived..

Thanks D-MON , for now I'll have some fun with the sidies if I can get running correctly, I may be moving to cape town in the near future so I might be worrying you for a coil and leads soon. I just love the sound of side drafts so I'm not really worried about putting down good/big power figures right now. I'm sure after a few days in cape town I might be convinced that blacktop beams with throttles is the next step lol.