[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - Murray_Lotus7 - Lotus 7 Replica with 20valve
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Murray_Lotus7 - Lotus 7 Replica with 20valve
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:01 am 
Just arrived..

HI StreetRacing Forum Users,

Thanks for accepting me into to this forum which contains some very useful information and good ideas and very knowledgeable users.

So let me introduce myself, I have built a Lotus 7 using a Locost SA Chassis which was "completed" in 2009 (I don’t think it will ever be truly completed with regards to want I want to change / improve).

The important details:
Chassis: Locost Sa
Engine: Silvertop 20 Valve with Exhaust Vernier (Thanks to 88Rsi).
Management System: Perfect Power Xmsl (Not running to well, I post another topic in the N/A banger forum) using standard 20vale distributor
Gearbox: Cressida 5 speed box
Diff: Ford Sierra 3.89 (Could be improved with a 4.1)
Brakes: Front: Ford Sierra Disk Brakes
Rear: VW Polo/Golf 3 Disk brakes
Wheels: 15 inch 108pcd white mags
Tyre's: Bridgestone Ponteza S01 205/50r15
Bodywork: Combination Fiberglass and aluminium side and rear panel and Caterham R300 inspired areoscreen.
Colour: Red with white vinyl stripes

I will be adding some photos tonight.

Cheers
Murray_Lotus7

Post subject: Re: Murray_Lotus7 - Lotus 7 Replica with 20valve
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:03 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Post some pictures!!!

Get rid of the distributor and fit a 60-2 wheel and forget about your troubles with the not running to well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:01 am 
Just arrived..

:) I Found some of my links I have pasted to other forums, at Boksie's request :thumb: .

Thanks for the suggestion about the 60-2 timing wheel. That and the Coil on plugs led me to this forum.

Original Styling idea:

Front view:

Side front view:

Side View:

Rear view:

Dashboard(Image hadn't been resized):
http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Murray ... .html?o=15

A Link to my Album:
http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Murray_Lotus7/profile/

On the Track:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachme ... 1401183047
https://fbcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.net/h ... ce80a8510e

Found a link to abit of a build diary on the Twincam forum and my blog:
http://www.tolken.co.za/twincamforum/vi ... 16&t=25786
http://www.murray-lotus7.blogspot.co.za/

Cheers
Murray_Lotus7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:50 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

My dad does the 60-2 conversion on the pulleys. He needs the silvertop one though, as the others aren't fit for the purpose.

Contact him at Adriaan 0825344500

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:10 pm 
Just arrived..

Thanks Boksie for your fathers contact details, unfortunately I am up in Johannesburg. Busy laser cutting the timing wheel thanks to the Drx thread. Got a few questions on that which I'll post in the general section.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:17 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

He's done them for people all over SA...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:54 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Wheres the pic's!!!!

ahhh there they are!

Welcome to the forum, Enjoy your stay!!!!

"im in a Bucket but im Driving it like its a Benz"