[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - Bessie the Nissan 1400 *Decision about what next*
View unanswered posts View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Re: Bessie the Nissan 1400 *brake upgrade decisions*
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:56 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Shit, I drove it about 10km to get it home.
If it needs cutting must I get oversized bearings, or ho does it work?
Or if it is bad, then I must maybe use the rods and pistons in a 20 valve and sell the rest off as parts.
Things like the block, head, branch, supercharger and so on.
How hard is it to find another crank for a ZE?

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:18 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Any 4AGE crank will work, they are all exactly the same, same sizes, same weight, same material, same strength. It is only the very first ones that had slightly smaller big-ends, but you won't find any of them in SA very easily. So you can buy any good 20V crank and use that. Easier to just replace the crank and use the motor again instead of building a 20V.

If it's knocked, then if you are lucky you can simply have the crank cut to 10 over size.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:31 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

I wonder if the crank wasn't cut before and I didn't know it when I changed bearings.

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:32 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

What causes the same number piston to knock all the time on certain engines?

I know of no less than 25 people who have knocked a bearing in September already... :wtf: is going on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:33 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:45 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

On these 4AGE's it's mostly #3, older 8V Opels was #4, VW 20V motors usually #3. It might be because of it's remoteness from the oil pump or because an oil gallery to the head takes to much pressure of it or whatever. It can also be harmonic imbalances that causes more wear on that specific journal, block flex and other things come into play as well. But if it's the same engine type that knocked a bearing it will 95% of the time be the same bearing # that knocked.

On the 4AGE I've never heard of one knocking a bearing again after fitting the restricter to the oil gallery leading to the head.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:49 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Nope.
I just changed bearings, got the block honed and replaced rings and also changed valve stem seals and re-shimmed it.
I know, it was stupid.
So maybe I must take the engine out and do things properly now.
I read up on the ZE's. They knock bearings because they have very low end torque with the supercharger and shifting at low rev's causes the big ends to f@ck out.
So maybe I must just get rid of the supercharger and go turbo if I fix the engine.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:02 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Supercharger, turbo or NA, these 4AGE's all knock bearings in RWD cars if you don't angle them right and eventually fit the restricter. Doesn't really have much to do with the charger.

Rebuild this engine, you'll be glad you did.

Post subject: Re: Bessie the Nissan 1400 *Decision about what next*
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:27 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

After a long time of by bakkie standing, I want it to drive as a backup daily again.
I can either fix the ZE, but I'm scared it will knock bearings again and the ze has no importer sale slip so registering it will be a bit more of a hassle.
Second I can put the A14 back.
And today I was browsing the internet and saw a few Australian Datsun 1200 UTE's with Nissan CA18DET's in.

The CA18DET will give it the same power as the ZE and it will be a Nissan again.
I was thinking of using a 200sx gearbox, but are there any other gearbox that will bolt onto the CA18DET?

Is there anything anyone know about why the CA18DET will be a bad decision?

Post subject: Re: Bessie the Nissan 1400 *Decision about what next*
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:37 pm 
0.5 bar boost

I've heard of the L series gearboxes that will fit on the CA18DET

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22