[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - Ryan's Mk2 Jetta 2.0T, Mk3 Golf VR6 and Aprilia SXV 550
View unanswered posts View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 56  Next
forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Re: Ryan's '89 Mk2 Jetta Turbo & '96 Mk3 Golf VR6
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:36 pm 
1 bar boost

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!
Rudi, you are more than welcome to pop around sometime. I can show you what has been done an take you for a drive. No probs at all.

After a loooooong chat with Aldo, the car will get re-sprayed in Candy White. The whole effect of the "hidden" intercooler and vent area will be lost if the car is to be done in black. So, Candy White it will be then.

So, did a quick "hit-and-run" photoshoot in Menlyn earlier to get some decent pics of the Jetta.

And my favourite:

The backside is sitting a lot higher than the front, but the whole sound install has been removed from the boot, not even carpets remain.
Once the install is done, the arse-end will sit at a better level once more.

And you can see a colour difference on the front bumper compared to the rest of the car. That is the flourescent lighting doing that. In daylight, the colour is almost a perfect match. Aldo could not believe how closely the colours match when I was there the other day.

And as said before, the whole car is going to be re-sprayed in Candy White.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:41 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

I want your rims... :mrgreen:

You're so lucky they're not 5x112. :laughinghard:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:50 pm 
1 bar boost

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:50 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Great pic's Ryan :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:32 am 
foot flat

awesome looking buddy.... that instrument cluster is looking the beezneez *drool*

Daily Driver(His): 1999 Yamaha R6
Daily Driver(Hers): 2000 AUDI A4(B5) 1.8T(Decat, 63mm exhaust)(Family Wagon)
Race Car: 1989 Mk1 Fox, 1.8 8v, x-flow, itb's(123KW, 202NM)
Quarter Mile: 14.8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:05 am 
1 bar boost

Thanks a mil guys!

Pic of engine bay as it is now:

Still need to tackle a thorough neatening up job on the wires and pipes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:11 am 
1 bar boost

:worship: :thumb: :thumb:

ex: 92 RX7 FD3S FE3 Turbo :(
current:
02 MR2 Spyder
06 Citroen C2 VTS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:20 am 
0.5 bar boost

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:21 pm 
1 bar boost

Thanks guys! If all goes well, this innocent car will be in the capable hands of the one and only Panic for some tuning on the 14th July. Not a set date yet, but must still finalise with him as he is extremely busy.

New peekchas of the interior and gauges -

Off:

Cold start idling on the speedo + rev counter side:

And the quad gauge (oil pressure drops to just over 1Bar at idle at around 70 degrees on the top Oil temp gauge):

What I can look at while I drive:

Another one:

Will get some other night pics later tonight :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:58 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

You need to fit something usefull in that ugly rectangular spot right above the heater and vent controls. :lol:

Otherwise very cool, one of the nicest MK2 interiors IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:47 pm 
1 bar boost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:50 pm 
0.5 bar boost

i see another awesome build in the future....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:13 pm 
Resident Clown

looking totally awesome Ryan. This is a well done job. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And as far as Panic goes, no one else except Panic will tune any of my cars.

He is the man :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:09 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Some decent wiring you got there :worship:

You doing a fiber glass box?

P.S. I love that piece of carbon with the golden color :thumb: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 pm 
1 bar boost

Thanks a mil guys :thumb:
Brendon, maybe. I am playing around with 4 different ideas for the install in the boot, but haven't made a decision yet. The one idea is for a FG enclosure though 8)

Wiring kit was 2.5K. Not bad really considering it is a 6 metre length of proper 0 gauge power wire, 0.9 metre 0 Gauge earth wire, fuse holder + fuse, 2X distribution blocks, 2 lengths of 4 Gauge, 6 metre amp turn on wire, lugs etc. Very happy actually.
I did price a similar Stinger kit and let's just say I could have bought nearly 3 Kicker 0 gauge kits for the same price :shock:

And did some wiring work -

The kit:

What I currently sit with:

Cut the power cable by the yellow label (the label shows where the fuse block must sit) and installed the fuse holder:

I am going to use the one distribution block to power the car electrics. Distribution blocks have 2X 4 Gauge inputs and 4X 8 Gauge outputs:

Must still get some Techflex and heatshrink for the cables:

So now I must make a neat plate that fits behind the battery to mount the fuse block and distribution block, then take it from there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:22 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Ryan the Harness Company in Centurion is your answer for Propper heat shrink at a GREAT price! not this Buildersware house nonsens at almost R40 a meter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:58 pm 
1 bar boost

Thanks Johan! Will pop around there tomorrow morning on my ay back from Jhb.

Amp mounting marked off. Used a piece of 16mm chipboard I had lying around from way back when I planned an install for the Jetta but never got around to doing :cry:

Amp placed on chipboard, carefully measured sides and top so it sits in the centre, traced around the bottom edge of the amp, and marked off where the holes will be drilled so that the wiring can be neatly hidden under the mounting:

The line under the hole markings is where the board will be cut. Will use the rest of the board for other bits.

Front and rear RCAs will be here:

Front and rear speaker wires will be on the left, power + amp turn-on + earth wires on right:

Sub wires and LPL control here:

Sub channel RCAs here:

And left with this for now:

This is the idea I really liked when I was researching fitment of the amp:

Then I saw this one yesterday on my research exploits:

But I have decided that the first one is waaaaaaaaaaay nicer and will do it that way with the sub enclosure done against the back seat area and the sub in the centre.

I reckon it's gonna look awesome :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:45 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Defiantly the first one :thumb:

Watching this very closely ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:24 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Great Chatting again tonight! and thanks for the input on the jetta and the Distrobution block :D

i must say that Sleeper Jetta of yours is becoming more and more of a stealth fighter people dont know what hit them untill its finish and klaar :P

Can wait to see the final tuneing figures!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:28 am 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

Looking good dude!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 56  Next