[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - Pics of my resto project and I am hoping for 13 sec time
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Re: Pics of my resto project and I am hoping for 13 sec time
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:32 am 
rookie

Hi All,

Been busy and not able to visit the site for a long time.

Just some update on my resto, car has been primed and needs to be sanded for colour. Still need to do some metal work on the bootlid. Should be able to put some colour on her by December. Have very little time to work on her but will get it done!

1997 Suzuki TL1000S - V2
1976 Ford Cortina 3.0 V6 XLE BigSix - V6
1997 Mazda MX-6 - V6
1996 Ford Courier DC 350 Chevy - V8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:06 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

WOW! That's gonna look wicked when done!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:05 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Nice kit, like all of it except perhaps the 3 accents behind the rear wheel, but maybe it'll look good when painted.

What colour are you looking to go? These look real nice in that powder blue colour.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:26 pm 
rookie

Thanks Guys!

Boksie the Car was the Powder Blue originally but I am going a darker metallic blue.

1997 Suzuki TL1000S - V2
1997 Mazda MX-6 - V6

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:59 pm 
rookie

Also did some work on servicing and repairing the 2 X 38 Weber Carbs that will fuel the motor. Still need to custom build a air cleaner or fit two separate filters on the carbs. Did a mock-up with a V8 filter but it hides the carbs. Will work on that when the motor is refitted to the car.

1997 Suzuki TL1000S - V2
1997 Mazda MX-6 - V6

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:34 am 
teacher's pet

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:38 am 
rookie

Still on going, just not getting the time and money to complete as yet.
Will see what this year turns out!!

1997 Suzuki TL1000S - V2
1997 Mazda MX-6 - V6

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:34 pm 
rookie

Over the weekend I had some time to work on the Cortina and keep the kids busy, we are wet sanding before the colour get put on.

Also figured out why the car was shifting like a dog, hehe!

1997 Suzuki TL1000S - V2
1997 Mazda MX-6 - V6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:40 am 
rookie

Hi All.

After a lot of prep work I have done the deed!

Car is back in colour! Still some issues I will sort out but I am happy with the result!

Colour on.

Baking in the sun on Sunday morning

Cheers!
Johan

1997 Suzuki TL1000S - V2
1997 Mazda MX-6 - V6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:36 am 
rookie

Redid the paint work over the weekend as I messed the clear coat up last time!

1997 Suzuki TL1000S - V2
1997 Mazda MX-6 - V6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:21 am 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

Awesome man!!

It might be cold here, but it has its benefits:
100Mb Uncapped Internet
Cheap cars
Even cheaper women!