[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - 20V Blacktop rebuilt?
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: 20V Blacktop rebuilt?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:50 am 
rookie

Hi guys

So my RSi 4AGE 20V Blacktop with 170k on, just made a window in the block, and needs to be rebuilt.
At minimum I would need another block and rods, will strip the engine in the week to see what else is busted.

I seriously don't know why, it had all it's Toyota services up to 100k, including timing belt and tensioners, thereafter it was serviced every 5000kms, including using the longer Denso filter and 20W50 oil. :wtf:

I'd like some suggestions from you experts, as to the recipe to make it indestructible?
What rods, pistons, bearings, etc should I use?

If it could make a few more horses than stock, that would be good, but all I'm really after is: "Everything keeps going right, always right".

Regards

Last edited by IndianaJones on Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 20V Blacktop rebuilt?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:49 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

You can go ze pistons and rods if you want to boost, or silvertop pistons and rods.

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:35 pm 
rookie

I'm sticking with N/A, I'd like it to appear standard/stock from the outside.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:34 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

The silver top rods are stronger, but heavier.

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:23 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:39 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Not all Silvertop rods are the very strong type though, some are also thinner, but not as thin as the blacktop ones at least.

I'd be looking for Series 3 rods if I was you, you can rev them to hell and back and they'd smile back at you, not out a hole on the side of the block though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:13 pm 
rookie

OK, so Silvertop or Series 3 rods.

Besides smoothing out the inside of the block, what other little mods/improvements can be made to make it a little better over stock? What needs to be done to the head as well.

Again not looking for ultimate horsepower, I just want it very reliable and efficient.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:41 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

You can get the engine blue printed and everything balanced.
You can also get the rods shot beaded.
The blacktop head is already better flowed than the silvertop head.
The flywheel is lighter and you have bigger throttles.
You can get the pistons power coated http://www.techlinecoatings.com/article ... rticle.htm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:22 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Don't forget the restrictor mod to the oil feed going to the head!

& as Tiaan says, have it balanced at very least...doubt that blueprinting would be necessary though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:46 pm 
rookie

Hi guys

Still haven't touch the engine, car has been standing covered in dust.

At this moment I'm thinking I have 3 options:

Fit an import motor, say my goodbye's to a good steed and move on to something different.

Or, if I'm keeping her, is it worth building a 7AGE (7AFE sub and 20V Head), as I need to replace the sub anyway?
Would it still be able to run on stock management, and rev to 8000rpm?

Or if going that route, should one just bite the bullet and go 3SGTE from the start?
Then spending money I know I will never get back, but must be a killer ride.

What would you do?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:46 pm 
foot flat

3sgte/gearbox +dump valve + manegement+ welded sideshafts=250 kw
+mod bonnet for std cooler

233km/h 800m
12.2 1/4mile

320kw 520nm 1.5bar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:44 am 
rookie

we specialize in 4age motors, n/a, supercharged and turbo.

if you need any parts or help we can assist.

the stock management will run the 7afe, but not to its potential, fit dicktator std.

we busy building a 7agze, using Nissan pistons, crank was strengthened and dowelled.

we can help with rebuilding your current 20v, or fitting an import, the block can be repaired in most cases if oil galleyway was not damaged.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:13 pm 
rookie

The 3SGTE will be very nice, and the ultimate, but I'll be spending money on that conversion I didn't budget for.

I understand that without aftermarket management the 7AGE, wont run to its full potential, but how does it run? Similar to a stock Blacktop at least? Do you gain a bit power?