[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - The Corona
View unanswered posts View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Re: Beams redtop, blacktop or SR20VE
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:34 pm 
1 bar boost

the blacktop and redtop beams have intakes and a throttle body, not itbs

The Best of both worlds!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:57 pm 
0.5 bar boost

I mean i can get a alluminium itb adapter that's made for a Blacktop Beams so I wanted to know if it will fit on the Redtop. :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:05 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

It will depepnd on the bolt pattern & port sizes...you don't want to have a step down in size from the adaptor into the head as that will disrupt the air flow into the engine, the opposite is also not good, but better than the 1st scenario...

If you can find the intake photo's on the net maybe, unless there are guys with the Blacktop & Redtop that can shed some light

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:03 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Found this :thumb:

Attachments:
1405200911126439583.jpg
1405200911126439583.jpg [ 36.57 KiB | Viewed 9908 times ]
1405200911136446144.jpg
1405200911136446144.jpg [ 28.36 KiB | Viewed 9908 times ]
beams.png
beams.png [ 34.32 KiB | Viewed 9908 times ]
compare.jpg
compare.jpg [ 23.9 KiB | Viewed 9908 times ]
IntakeManifold-Back.jpg
IntakeManifold-Back.jpg [ 38.08 KiB | Viewed 9908 times ]
AY0F1360.jpg
AY0F1360.jpg [ 73.67 KiB | Viewed 9908 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:14 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Actually, stepping down a little is better than stepping up. When the hole gets smaller the gas velocity gets higher, a desirable effect for good low to midrange torque, the other way around is just a restriction.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:27 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

I would you smooth the transition from bigger to smaller though, just to aid flow

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:52 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:30 pm 
Resident Clown

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:44 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

LOKL!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:46 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:34 pm 
0.5 bar boost

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:10 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

The novalty of having an oldskool engine will wear off when some punk kid smokes you in his Susuki Baleno with hairdryer,neons and roof wing And when you pull up at the next set of lights he'll suggest to race for headjobs, cause in his mind having to give or take... Its still a win-win

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:05 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Why you wanting to go Redtop over Blacktop tho?

Rolla is selling his ITB setup with intake manifold!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:21 am 
0.5 bar boost

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:21 am 
0.5 bar boost

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:07 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Howzit, interesting question, well let me shed some of my knowledge...

The VE is a nice engine, and parts are easier to find, however im not a fan.

Like Evo said why choose the red rop over the blacktop? The blacktop will still be the stronger one if u run without vvt, the blacktop has a higher compression ratio as well as titanium valves and high rev kit, it already has a rwd exhaust manifold and intake manifold, all and all for a rwd setup, blacktop beams is ur best bet in terms of power as well as ease to fit and hassles. Plus redtop and blacktop is close to the same price so IMO it would be stupid to choose redtop for ur application. I bought my motor from Warren in PE with gearbox starter and everything. Never had any issues with bolts thag dont line up and starters that need grinding and stuff.

Just my 2c :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:36 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Jou 2c is kla gegooi :laughinghard:
Good point what I wanted to know does the blacktop at Mikes place come with the oem ecu coz I'm in Kimberley but work in Douglas which is 100km from Kimberley and I don't want any issues with tuning

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:25 am 
0.5 bar boost

It should, but if it doesnt i have an oem ecu here somewhere, good luck getting that to work tho haha u need MAF sensor and need to figure out the wiring, but it will be pretty damn nice if u can get it working with a piggyback

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:32 am 
0.5 bar boost

:laughinghard: ja that would be nice. I sold my old setup just waiting on getting the car done with the body wise and stuff.
Then I'll get the engine and gearbox.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:17 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Nice! Also i must say i had 45mm throttles on my engine and everyday i am happier i took it off. The car is much better and much more torquier with the original intake, its much more drivable and still sounds damn awesome!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next