[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - SR20VE problems
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: SR20VE problems
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Just got back from going to have a look for myself as to what all this fuss was about the motor that's in the Lotus.

:wtf: would be my only comment at this point.

#1... CR was tested, and it's at 16:1...
#2... The front 2 cylinders draw in almost no air, while number 3 just about pulls your hand in, and number 4 is kinda in between.
#3... Exhaust runners on the front 2 are MUCH colder in relation to 3 and 4. So much so that you can hold 1 and 2 but 3 is so hot you can't get near it.
#4... We're getting almost 40 degrees advance with no sign of detonation. This makes no sense as it's using 95, and with that CR I would have expected problems.

We have fuel, and shitloads of it.
We have spark, lots of.
All the wiring etc has been redone with new sensors.

This has to be mechanical, so before I go and strip the head off, anyone have any ideas?

:popcorn:

EDIT: A side note, the SR20DE that was in there previously never ran well at all. The only things which have been used on the VE are the exhaust and the throttles. How either of those could be the cause, I dunno.

Will start off by running with the exhaust off and see if things change. Should this not yield any positive results, I'll give the original intake manifold a try and see from there.

Post subject: Re: SR20VE problems
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:31 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Is it an import motor? I bought that one 20V and the valves weren't closing properly because they were rusted where they enter the guides. So in effect your not getting a good seal and therefore not good combustion to heat the runners up properly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:41 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Spuds,was that CR calculated or measured or just done with a compression tester?? Sounds as simple as leaking cylinders,but def terminal!! Open it up and check sealing quality on all cylinders!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:58 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Well as I said, might not be the valves, but it's a sealing problem somewhere. Maybe valve clearance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:02 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:03 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Valve clearance is my bet, valves staying slightly open, but you're getting good CR, so makes no sense... blegh...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:56 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

The head was knocked off the table??? Ok I just reread that... :eek:

Had a similar problem with a runx rsi the other day. Head was tipped over, shims fell out and just put back anywhere...

What a mission!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:29 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

I have a better idea...just ship the lotus to me :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:34 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:46 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

I'll take real good care of it :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:49 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Shit man not cool! But is it just me or have we never seen pictures of this illusive lotus? Lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Too much kak praat,too little pics... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:25 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:57 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:58 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 am 
0.5 bar boost

I'd go opel :lol: c16xe 1.6 16v with throttles. Then get bored and I'd turbo it :lol: