[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - Gotech mini X experiences
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Gotech mini X experiences
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:46 am 
0.5 bar boost

Sup guys,

Im looking for any positive or may be it negative feedback on the gotech mini X, not looking at comparing it to any other ecu,

1. On what car did you have this unit on?
2.Who installed it and tuned it?
3.What was the problems you had with it?
3.1 Was the problem fixed?and how?
3.2 if no problems, what was great about it?
4.Did all the features work?

Im looking at relating the old mfi porblems with the new mini X system, to see if it was really fixed,
Been getting mixed advice on this system.

Boosted - 2001 Tazz 4agte 16v- 165whp - First step;)
NA - Speed Shop = 137.4BHP AT 7500RPM and 147.3NM
2008 Polo TDi 9N3 74kw 240nm

Post subject: Re: Gotech mini X experiences
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:03 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

I had the Gotech Pro V6 (Gold Box) on my Golof and that was a piece of shit.
Couldn't get it tuned right, even Gotech Head Office tried to tune it, but couldn't even get the stock power out of the engine.
The car kept on cutting oit every few 100 meters and idle was like you sit and open and close the TB the whole time.
My buddy had the Mini x on his 20v silver top and he had the same shit with tuning. The best they could get on the car was 70Kw.
The 20v Tazz felt like a 1300 Citi Golf.
Another buddy had it on his 3.3 Hardbody towtruck and he threw it off and went back to std ecu because he had tuning problems and it was moer heavy on juice.
Calling Gotech head office is like calling the government and asking for help.
Taking it there they put your wires in black plastic tubes, change nothing and said they rewired it. But the wires are exactly like you installed it and they charge you a moerse lot to do nothing and the car still cuts out.

I decided f#ck that and went over to Spitronics.
It's my 3rd Spitronic I'm using now and never had a second of trouble with the system or service from them regarding installing it or help over the phone or going in and asking the guy who builds them for help.

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:07 am 
0.5 bar boost

Thanks Tiaan
I did have my fair share of shit, but you just pointed something out to me, not getting the right power out the car. Think my ecu is doing that now, it didnt want to take more timing, everytime we added timing the timing graph would go away

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:15 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

With Gotech I got in the 70's kw out on the wheels and with the Spitronics we got somewhere in the 90's close to 100 kw on the wheels.

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:22 am 
0.5 bar boost

wow thats great, ya im going the dicktator route tuner is well known fro that, and a bra of mine can hook me up with a special price when mapping,

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:27 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

My tuner here in PTA says the difference between Spitronics and Dictator is very small, and that's the only two ecu's he will install on a car.

He laughed at me when I wanted to install my old Gotech Pro in my ze and said he will tune it but can't promise results.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:50 am 
0.5 bar boost

lol lucky he didnt say it will blow up,

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:03 pm 
rookie

i have had "ZERO" issues with my Gotec Mini-X

-never lost maps
-never under performed
-never had tuning issues
-had a much broader tuning range [every 500rpm] instead of the Dictators [1000rpm], cause with dictator once u move to 8k-9k rpm limit it
moves away from its 750rpm change increments.

i know there older units where troublesome, but not wrt loosing maps.. the mini X and Pro X units are really awesome units and the 2 pods
two retard or advance fuel or timing on the fly is so very useful.

what i did do.

- had it installed correctly
- had it tuned by a tuner who uses gotec on his own car

benefits of Dictator

- Cheap
- easy to install
- easy to tune

- those factors does not necessarily make it better, just means there are more people who see business opportunities out of it..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:48 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

I had Gotech on 2 cars and never had a days issue with either of them! Izak at dynotech tuned them and Anthony installed one of them.

It might be cold here, but it has its benefits:
100Mb Uncapped Internet
Cheap cars
Even cheaper women!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:39 pm 
rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:34 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Dicktator not cheap any more guys, thats why i was looking for a end hand unit, I feel gotech mini is great, but going with dickty due to tuner and mach.
i have the old mfi and never had problems with it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:43 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:34 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Old gotech is kak Enough said!! The newer systems i have installed seem okay!! I just feel dicky is more stable and works better with no unexplainable problems!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:49 pm 
1 bar boost

I know of at least 15 different vehicles here in Pta that have the Mini X installed and no issues at all from any of them.

One is fitted to a seriously modded Hayabusa turbo drag bike being finalised for next year's Drags. 3 are on personal friends' cars (all 3 are modded to various degrees) and 2 others are on off road adventure bikes that regularly go into Botswana, Namib, Angola, etc.

No issues that I have heard of on any of them, except one dude who's ECU was faulty, and Gotech did a straight swop for a new unit.

I had the older "original" Gotech MFI on the Jetta for many moons, and not once did it drop a map, or give any issues.
Had that on for about 6 or 7 years and it was driven daily from Pta to Jhb and back.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Must be the wind here by us then, waai seker maar die arme ding se kop deurmekaar... :laughinghard:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:37 am 
0.5 bar boost

I dont have a problem with my gotech and its the mfi.
but dicktator is what tuners want, so im sure they will get the best out of it

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:55 am 
rookie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:41 am 
2 Bar BOOST!