[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - Custom throttle intake - 20v throttles to Twincam 16v head
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Custom throttle intake - 20v throttles to Twincam 16v head
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Good morning Gents

I have recently bought another set of Silvertop 20v throttles for a really good price, R850, which included everything just unbolted from the 20v head :mrgreen:
Throttles, intake, injectors, plenum, rams, injectors, TPS with the plug that goes into it!

So the setup is as complete as you could wish for! 8)

I now wish to build my own custom setup that will be thoroughly researched so that I achieve the optimal runner length for my application.

I have already chatted to Wes briefly about my ideas & would just like to get your guys input as well.

I've got the 16v big port intake manifold that I can use to have the flange cut that will bolt to the head & I have the option of either cutting off the flange to which the throttles bolt (20v intake), or tracing it & having another one cut (I rather want a new one :mrgreen: )

I just wanan know where I can go to get the alumimiun cut & where I can find aluminium tubing to make up the runners?

All input & views welcome!

PS: Please don't tell me to go to Rowland manifold because we do not have a good history & his intakes are far from good IMHO.

Regards
D-MON

Post subject: Re: Custom throttle intake - 20v throttles to Twincam 16v he
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:55 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

I have a spare 20v intake lying at home if u want... use that for the flanges...

Free Rand for u . :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:01 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

YOu can go to Non Ferous in Soutrivier/Maitland just down the road from Suburban spares. They cut any length for you and have many different sizes. The flange you'd probably have to have cut at aome other place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:50 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Hey Guys

Shot for the replies!

Now just to work out what the optimal runner length should be & then have the correct lengths cut!

@ Nadeem, thanks for the offer, when can I collect?
@Boksie, thanks for the advice on where to get the aluminium tubing.
What is the guys name that does the aliminium welding that's here in Parow? Number?

How do you guys propose I get the one side of the tubing to be oval (head) & the other will be round already? I know Boksie said in another thread that the 50mm tubing when sqeezed fits nicely on the head side, but that would mean that the throttle side would be roughly 7mm bigger (43mm throttles).

What do you guys recon?

Shot for the help guys!

I'm really amped to get the intake built up!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:57 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Collect whenever u nearby bru, just call to make sure im home.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:31 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:02 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:17 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Yes your way can also work the only thing with that is to get it right :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a pic somewhere of a adapter for 20v ITB to 16v ports and of small port to big port, will see if i can find them :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:11 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:38 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Well if you going for Dia 50mm then just do what i said but opposite on the flange for the throttles :thumb:, go from 43mm to 46.8 to the oval port size, personally i would go this route :thumb:

I am looking for those pics :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:14 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

U're welcome bro :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:54 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Some progress...

So last night myself & the mad scientist, aka SuperCboy cleaned & hacked up the intake that I got from Nadeem & today Marco's father offered to take the "flange" onto which the throttles bolt to work to be milled flat for us, because after we hacked it up with a grinder, hacksaw & Dremel it wasn't very straight anymore! LOL! :mrgreen:

Today I'm dropping the big port intake gasket off at Marco's house & he's going to scan it in at work & then have it cut for me for next to nothing! :worship: Connections FTW! :mrgreen: I'm soema going to have a few flanges cut so that I got spare incase someone would be interested in one or just to experiment some more with! 8)

& yes, I'll post :pics: when I get the throttle flange back from Marco's dad & also some pics of the tubing that will be used as well as the intake flanges.

That's the update for now!

'Til later!
D-MON

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:18 am 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

Cant wait to see it done!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

So yesterday I went to check out the throttle flange at Marco's house & damn it has been neatly milled & ready for the tubing to be welded up!

Took some photos with the digital camera & when I got home discovered that the home PC is fooked & my laptop is at my fiance's house :(

So no photos for now, but know that some nice progress has been made!

Marco is currently drawing up the intake flange for me & he's got a connection through a friend to have a few cut for us :)

I'll try to upload pics as soon as I get the laptop back.

Til then, cheers D-MON

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:07 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Sorry, but seriously :picsstfu: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:09 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Francois, I'm going around to Marco again later. I see your spare sump is laying there.

Must I bring it around to you & then I will bring the throttle flange with as well & then you can take some pics for me & post it up?

What you say?

Let me know!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:24 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Cool, do come around then, interrested in seeing what you up to...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:45 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:56 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!