[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - Recommend Laser Cutters - Cape
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Recommend Laser Cutters - Cape
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:35 pm 
rookie

Hi guys

I need some mild steel exhaust flanges cut, and an oil filter relocation head from aluminium.
Does not have to be laser cutting, could be plasma or water jet.
Please recommend someone for the job.

I'm also looking for prefabbed 4-into-1, or 4-2-1 exhaust manifold collectors, if anybody sells them?

Regards

Post subject: Re: Recommend Laser Cutters - Cape
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:11 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

I've been using Vulcan steel, best price and quality.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:09 am 
rookie

Dankie Boksie

Would they cut from a gasket, or drawing, or do they need a CAD file?

If anyone else has a recommendation, please share.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:43 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

They scan the gasket in converting it to CAD.

What flanges do you need, because I have a shitload of drawings, so can have flanges cut for you if you want.

EDIT: They have a minimum charge of R399. So even if you cut one flange of R50, you still pay R399. So I can fit whatever you need into one of our orders, then you don't have to worry about the minimum charge.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:34 pm 
rookie

Thanks for the offer Boksie. I want to make up a set op Lexus V8 tubular exhaust manifolds, thus 2 flanges to fit against the block, and 4 off 50mm ID flanges to weld on the ends, and new exhaust system.

And then, I'd like to make an adapter plate to fit against the Lexus V8 block, and relocate the oil filter housing/head, need a flange to make that out off. Don't know, if you've done that?

Attachments:
1UZOilFilterAdaptor.jpg
1UZOilFilterAdaptor.jpg [ 89.52 KiB | Viewed 4372 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:11 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Get me a exhaust manifold gasket and the gasket that goes underneath that relocation thing and I can have it cut for you.

I have a whole bunch of 50mm stainless steel 3 bolt flanges for an exhaust system already. I'll just check what they cost to cut to give you a price.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:22 pm 
rookie

Thank you Boksie, the relocation part doesn't actually have a gasket, it makes use of o-rings around the ports, but I'll make up a template.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:18 am 
0.5 bar boost