[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - clutch issue
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: clutch issue
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:22 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

I have a Fiat Idea 1.3 turbo diesel with a clutch issue.

When the engine is off, the gears select fine. When the engine is on and cold, it usually selects ok, but sometimes reverse scratches a lot and 1st is dificultish to select.

After driving a bit it gets worse. Reverse I have to slam in, and when in its like the clutch is half engaged and the car will move backwards.

But sometimes its totally fine, like a new car.

Is this clutch/pressureplate related, or hydraulic related? Could a vacuum pipe leak cause something like this?

It might be cold here, but it has its benefits:
100Mb Uncapped Internet
Cheap cars
Even cheaper women!

Post subject: Re: clutch issue
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:28 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

The local garages all want to charge R9k+ to supply and fit a new clutch and pressure plate.
all weekend it scratched in reverse, so much so that I had to put the car off, put it into reverse, then start the car again whenever I wanted to reverse
but then yesterday, it was perfect, until I drove it a bit hard, not wreckless, just higher revs after the turbo kicks in, no pulling away fast or anything. then it went back to being shitty

100Mb Uncapped Internet
Cheap cars
Even cheaper women!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:28 pm 
teacher's pet

sounds like a hydraulic issue to me, check the clutch/brake fluid level, top up if low and look for a leak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:48 am 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

The bottle is about half way between min and max.

No leaks that I can see!

100Mb Uncapped Internet
Cheap cars
Even cheaper women!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:31 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

It might be worn syncro's or thrust bearing failure.

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:43 am 
2 Bar BOOST!