[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - Laser cut from a pic?
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Laser cut from a pic?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:12 pm 
teacher's pet

I would like to know if what I have is enough info to have some wheel spacers laser cut?

This is the image I have, is it enough, or must it be imported into something like CAD? If so, who would be able to help me with this?

141051-3-KIT_ID_1_LR.jpg
141051-3-KIT_ID_1_LR.jpg [ 65.24 KiB | Viewed 6574 times ]

It's for a Suzuki Samurai and I'm hoping that this will help with the wheel clearance and make it turn a bit better.

Thanks in advance, hope to hear from you real soon.

O yes, where can I have this done in Pretoria area?

ex -Citi Golf 2.1 8VT

Post subject: Re: Laser cut from a pic?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:50 pm 
teacher's pet

Ok after some reading it looks like it will have to be converted before anyone would be able to cut it for me. I downloaded DraftSight and now I feel really dumb. I know web graphics and Photoshop, but this eish, it's not my cup of tea.

Please help.

ex -Citi Golf 2.1 8VT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:08 pm 
teacher's pet

give deriam engineering a call, that make these daily

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:18 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Gee dit vir my. My kolega sal dit op teken en dan vat jy dit na Lazer Wise in Silvertondale toe.
Hulle verskaf die staal ook.
Laser Wise is by 410 Asetileen Straat, Pretoria, 0184
012 804 6081.

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:53 am 
teacher's pet

Thanks a lot for the info and reply bmwmaniac. Had a look at their website and they seem to be the right place for the job.

Tiaan, baie dankie ek sal dit baie wardeer en dankie vir die info. Sal jou mail.

Wat sal julle voorstel vir die metaal? Aluminium of Mild steel?

ex -Citi Golf 2.1 8VT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:27 am 
teacher's pet

O yes, there is one more thing that I would like to get some advice on. In this Suzuki Samurai is the Nissan A15 motor and 5 speed gearbox. When I'm offroad and in 4L I can't select reverse without the gear lever knocking the short stick out of 4L into 4H. This is very irritating when trying to do an obstacle and you have to reverse and try it again and again. Is there a way to have the gear lever bent? What is the simplest solution to this problem? I know this isn't an offroad forum, but I know that you'll be able to give good advice, because that's how you roll and you know your shit.

ex -Citi Golf 2.1 8VT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:06 pm 
1 bar boost

I can easy send u a cad file for this, but the holes wont be able to be made on a lazer cutter. I assume from the unclear image that 5 holes will be sunk into the adapter and the other 5 will have thread for the wheel studs to turn into.

The Best of both worlds!