[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - Nissan Almera brakes on Nissan 1400
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Nissan Almera brakes on Nissan 1400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:41 pm 
Just arrived..

Hi Guys,

Do any of you have the Nissan Almera brakes on Nissan 1400?

I would like to know what's the stopping power like ?

I want to convert my std brakes to the above.

Do you guys think it would be capable of stopping a 11 10sec vehicle?

Hopefully Boksie will be able to hook me up with some caliper brackets?

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: Nissan Almera brakes on Nissan 1400
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:23 pm 
rookie

why not use the hilux calipers ?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9701

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:11 pm 
Just arrived..

Almera is almost a straight swop from what I have read.

Do you know if there is a huge difference between the stopping power?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:31 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Stops on a dime. Remember, you are not trying to stop 2 tons, your whole car might weigh 850kg once finished, so the Almera brakes are more than capable of stopping it.

Let me know asap if you want I need to put in a cutting order tomorrow and will wait for you to say yay or nay.

They are R180 a set.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:58 am 
Just arrived..

Yes I definitely want a set!

Inbox me your banking details and I will deposit the money.

How much will courier be?

Also I've been to Midas they said there's a difference between the 1600 and 1800 disks and callipers, which is the better one to get?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:44 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

They must be 256mm diameter and ventilated. Not sure which is which, but I guess 1600

EDIT: Correction, they are 258mm diameter and 22mm thick.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:51 pm 
Just arrived..

Thanks Boksie,

So I managed to find the callipers and disks at the scrap yard.

Had to machine the hubs a bit to make the disks fit.

Huge difference compared to the std 1400 disks

Hopefully I receive the calliper brackets on Fri/Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 pm 
Resident Clown

you will see and feel what a huge difference those brakes will make

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:44 pm 
Just arrived..

Hope so bud, will post how it feels once I fit it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:14 pm