View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Hall effect
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:07 am 
Just arrived..

Can anyone tell me why my cars distributor keeps failing? Its a standard 16v dizzy that I converted to hall effect, it maby has 30km on since I replaced the hall effect with a brand new one. This is the second time it failed. Is there something I dont see or what can it be? I dont know anymore. Im at the point of setting the car on fire.

Post subject: Re: Hall effect
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:49 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Those hall effect things are the biggest pieces of shit you can find. I also had on, still paid something like R750 for the dizzy at ABL those years. It failed within 5 minutes of starting the car up the fist time, so I took the ECU and the dizzy with it to Chris Dicks at Dictator. He gave it one look and asked me how much I paid for the dizzy, he swore like a sailor for a minute or two and said if I had come to him with my original dizzy he'd have converted it for me for R65. He uses the original magnetic picup with a chopper he has cut and then fits a amp to the sensor to boost the signal to the ECU. The setup is still running now almost 9 years later...

So in short, get rid of the hall effect and go back to the magnetic pickup if you have a Dicktator system.

Post subject: Re: Hall effect
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:01 am 
Just arrived..

Yes I have a dicktator system, ok I have a small update. If you let the car cool down it starts again. It cuts out just before the fan comes on. What can cause this? If I trigger the signal wire from the hall with a 1.5v signal it sparks