[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - The big gearbox manual thread
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: The big gearbox manual thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:11 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

If you find a gearbox manual for a common gearbox, upload it in this thread.

I'll start off with the Toyota W58 manual gearbox.

Attachments:
Toyota W58 gearbox manual.pdf [1002.17 KiB]
Downloaded 613 times

Post subject: Re: The big gearbox manual thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:32 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Here's one that has both the Toyota W58 and R154 in.

Toyota W58 and R154 gearbox manual.pdf [6.35 MiB]
Downloaded 239 times

EDIT: If you have a look at the drawings you can see how much thicker the R154 shafts are...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:02 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Hey guys does any one know what speedo drive I can use in the D4D gearbox to change it from electronic to mechanical/cable

EX: 2007 XRSI
Current: 1983 1.6 gl 5 speed RWD Corolla(Slanty)
Current: 2010 Jetta 1.4tsi fully spec'd

"And the Moto Gods said "Let there be tinkering". and the people said "yes we will tinker, and we will buy parts, and we will clean old parts, until such time that old parts and new parts become one, and she rumbles forth anew. Yea, I will tinker".

http://www.streetracing.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6053

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:56 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

It's usually just the outside that screws out and then you screw the manual cable in it's place. That's how I changed mine.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:05 am 
0.5 bar boost

this one is different, it has three screws holding the top plastic piece in place and when removed it has no screw attachment. I tried the KZTE drive as thats manual, but the gear on the Kzte drive is smaller and i dont know if it will work because of this.

"And the Moto Gods said "Let there be tinkering". and the people said "yes we will tinker, and we will buy parts, and we will clean old parts, until such time that old parts and new parts become one, and she rumbles forth anew. Yea, I will tinker".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:57 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

Ah ok, I haven't seen that transmission yet, so I just assumed it would work the same way as the W series.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:40 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Take out the speedo drive and go to a spares shop and ask them to look in their catalogues for something that will fit.
Maybe there is another car's part that will fit.

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:59 am 
0.5 bar boost

Just an update for those that may need to this in future, the gear I used is from a tazz new shape, but will need to get clocks calibrated when done,