[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - 2 smokers
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: 2 smokers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:52 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

DSC_1558.JPG
DSC_1558.JPG [ 165.92 KiB | Viewed 3505 times ]

DSC_1581.JPG
DSC_1581.JPG [ 179.16 KiB | Viewed 3505 times ]

Post subject: Re: 2 smokers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Motor stripped, insides look new... So much so there's still cross hatching on the bores.

Oil looks new and the water is still nice and bright green. Not bad considering it's been sitting for 2 years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:44 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

I suppose this is a 2 stroke bike of some sort?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:55 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

What the hell is wrong with people and over torqueing every single fucking bolt/screw/nut/etc...! :urstupid: :urstupid: :urstupid: :urstupid:

Did these motherfuckers not get hugged enough as babies or some shit! Fuck you! :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:08 pm 
0.5 bar boost

So you bought it then?
I so badly wanted one of these when I was in high school,but it had to be lucky strike colors.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 pm 
0.5 bar boost

But wheres the rest of it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:08 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:14 am 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

My first ever motor bike (when I was 17) was a Yamaha RD350. It was an old bike, that had terrible handling, but OMG was that thing fast. First, second or third it would power wheelie as it hit the power band if you was sat upright!

How that bike ended up..... Motor died. When I took the twin bosson exhausts off, pieces of piston fell out of the exhaust ports lol. I sold the bike as is and bought a car then.

It might be cold here, but it has its benefits:
100Mb Uncapped Internet
Cheap cars
Even cheaper women!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:59 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:24 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

That RD350's ran with the 750's of that time.

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:48 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:56 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

The RD350 was awesome in a straight line. But I almost wiped out on a few long bends as the bike wouldnt turn for shit!!

It might be cold here, but it has its benefits:
100Mb Uncapped Internet
Cheap cars
Even cheaper women!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:12 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:37 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Wheels are in to get the horrid paint off them and a general refurb. Then it's new bearings and some new rubber. I decided on the Pirelli SuperCorsa SC's. About the best I could find with a 160 rear.

Forks are serviced. New triple clamps are with the CNC guys, and they'll be making some other bits and pieces for me.

Waiting on new gaskets to get here and then I can finish up the motor assembly. Going with slightly thinner head gaskets for a bit more compression, but everything else is bog standard.

Got the new clutch in as well, what a mission that was. Need a new flywheel thanks to some droppage and magnet damage. :evil:

Also have some Tyga goodies inbound, can't wait.

I have my eyes on one of these though...
KTM_RC8_2009_08_1920x1200.jpg
KTM_RC8_2009_08_1920x1200.jpg [ 232.09 KiB | Viewed 3315 times ]

So much of win! :worship: :worship: :worship:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:59 pm 
1 bar boost

Nice stroker!

And those RC8's are epic! I had the honour of riding one for a day and was blown away at what that thing could do on the road.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:07 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:07 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

If you like V-twin then you will like the Honda VTR SP-2.
Or the Aprillia RSV 1000.

Just remember you don't buy a V-twin for fuel consumption. They are a bit on the thirsty side.
My brother has the SP-1 and the best he gets out of it is 10L/100km.

If you have spare money you can go for the Ducati Desmo at around R500k.

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 am 
2 Bar BOOST!