[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - Oil filters compared...
View unanswered posts View active topics

forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Oil filters compared...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:26 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Found this article on the net many years ago, and saw that it's been updated recently. While it's not really relevant to us, because we can't really get hold of many of the filter on the page, this guy did a pretty good job of comparing the different filter out there. What is alarming though, is that Fram still stands out even on this page as being one of the worst, keeping in mind though that we in ZA are probably not privileged enough to get hold of their premium lines...

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfil ... rence.html

I'm fed up with these parts places trying to get me to buy a Fram filter in stead of a GUD. The last straw was when some idiot at Midas tried to convince me that Fram and GUD is made by the same people. This while I know that GUD actually has a factory in South Africa, and Fram is manufactured internationally.

So I will now go out and buy for my engine(4AGE) a bunch of different makes of oil filters, and basically copy that article, but in the process make it more relevant to ZA. Then we will know which oil filters we should buy and which not. Once I'm done, I'll post the article on the GTA-Mods website, and drop a link here...