[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - The Neo1 Thorax450. (Upgrades)
View unanswered posts View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: Re: The Neo1 Thorax450. (Upgrades)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:20 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

This place:
http://www.cobrel.co.za/
also makes custom timing belts

- 1994 Nissan 1400, 4AGZE, SC12 Supercharger, 20v Black top flywheel, T51 gearbox, Spitronics Titan advance ECU, SpeedSpot 4 into 1 branch and 63mm exhaust, 120 wHP, 260 NM on 93 ulp (Uncorrected mechanical dyno).
- 1985 Golf 2 GTS with 2 liter ABF and Spitronics Titan advance.
- 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i with Stealth exhaust pipe, DNA air filter.
- 1982 Leyland Mini 1275E.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:36 am 
Local mad scientist

well the oil pump does not have to be timed, but it is positive drive, so it has teeth. (Gilmer 255l075)

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/g ... /overview/

this is what I normally used, it is made in Japan so it's not quality that's the issue here...

I just fired off an email to that place, will see what they come back with, thanks for that link.

the switching is a bit tricky... a normal oil switch is closed at 0 pressure, I need it to be open at 0 and closed at pressure....

Also, the starting up is a problem, as there would not be any pressure to close the switch.
basically what I do is take ground away from all the coils, when the pressure drops. To get around that, I'm using a little delay-off timer, that will hold the ground connection on, for about 30 seconds after ignition is turned on. after that, if the engine is not running yet, you will need to turn off and back on again for it to give another 30sec. you start the engine and the oil pressure switch then takes over with keeping the coils grounded.... works like a charm.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:20 pm 
teacher's pet

timing belt normally give way like that for 2 reasons. either to much tension, or not enough tension. wonder if the belt wasn't too loose.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:27 pm 
Local mad scientist

some engine build pics,

got me pocketed pistons from FUll-race this morning... Lovely.
:mrgreen:

I think R500 well waisted

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:11 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Lovely stuff #Rotor!

Keep them pics coming!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:13 pm 
teacher's pet

what pistons were they? 4agze?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:18 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:26 pm 
Local mad scientist

But I'm running 7AFE steel gasket, so it should be about right on the spot 9:1 more or less, there abouts... :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:50 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Why did you not o-ring the block?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:08 pm 
Local mad scientist

I do not need to... not doing that much boost anyhow... will need a much better turbo to do anything more than the 1.2Bar I'm doing now... and I'm still on std ST injectors too....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 pm 
rookie

hi rotor
the engineers that came to hone my cylinders now with the rebuild also mentioned something bout
oringing is not nesesary on moderate boost.
but i just want to say that,hats a very nice,effective yet simple tool you using for inserting the pistonpin
i assume theres a nut welded on the bottom of that piece angle iron.and as the bolt above is turned threw the nut
it presses the dolly downwards forcing the pin into place.am i correct???
i'm interested in that design and hope you dont mind me copying it.
also very nice tigwelding on the tool.it looks very sturdy and strong clamped in the vice
good qaulity work as usuall :thumb: :thumb: :worship:

ex : 2008 black mazda 6 mps 4wd 2.3 disi turbo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:39 pm 
Local mad scientist

thanks, yes the tool works well, It's only for not heat-shrunk setups, like with the 4AGE.
heat-fitted setups is still a mighty pain in the ass...

I also do my best welding on tools like this, that never see the outside of my garage, you should see how nice the welding is on the back side... LOL

but let me try it on a frame or some boost pipes and it's all puke and bird-shit...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:41 pm 
0.5 bar boost

Sucks about the belt! Pistons looking great though! How did you measure the depth and position that you needed the cutouts? If you don't mind me asking? At some point my 8v pistons will need space for 16v's lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:55 pm 
Local mad scientist

I just gave them a Stock 20v piston and the just copied that into the CNC.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:38 am 
0.5 bar boost

Wow okay for R500 that's very cheap for all the work they doing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:44 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

I'm confused as to why you have to have a tool to fit the piston pins? These should slide right in with the press of a thumb, if they are any tighter then there's a problem. I've assembled a few of those motors and never needed to do anything like that?

The pin is full floating, which is also why some guys leave out the piston pin retaining clips and fit teflon or aluminium buttons to the ends of the pin to keep the pin in the piston.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:07 pm 
Local mad scientist

I hear what you saying and yes they do go in with a thumb, especially on the conrods, you do not want them to be sticky there...

but I have a soft thumb,(you know C++ and all that shit :) ) and this tool looks so much more professional, than a bleeding thumb..

just tested my brand new GZE piston with the pin it came with, a litte Q20 and it slides in, but then when it is in place, I can for the life of me, not get it to come out again,

almost as if it got stuck, but with the press, I just turn the bolt at the top with my hand and it gently pushes right out...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:03 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Oh, I possibly forgot to mention, if they don't go in by thumb, or a bit tight, you are actually supposed to put the piston in hot water, then they slide right in. That's actually the procedure prescribed by the manufacturers of pistons, since the pin would be tight when cold but loosen up when the piston heats up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:05 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

So I thought why not have a quick squiz in the manual, lo and behold...

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 53.11 KiB | Viewed 7121 times ]

Wish I could remember everything else so well... :laughinghard: :laughinghard: :laughinghard:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:58 pm 
Local mad scientist

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Sould I feel lucky that it did not happen at Tarlton on Fryday? I guess I should...

Still, fucking completely unnecessary... this tire still has it's little pieppetjie in the grooves..

some Friday night action.....

anyone with a spare Mt ET-Street 26x10.5-15Lt

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next