[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Streetracing.co.za • View topic - 1975 Datsun GX Coupe - 4AGTE 20V
View unanswered posts View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2985 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 150  Next
forumtools   forumtools
 Post subject: 1975 Datsun GX Coupe - 4AGTE 20V
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:37 am 
Resident Clown

Ok so I’m going with the cream Coupe for the build.

Thinking about keeping the outside old school except for the wheels. It already has a set of 15’s on.

Could also go the removable nose as with the previous one and put a sporty nose on for daily driving and dices and then the original old school nose for shows etc. This way I get best of both worlds.

Interior will be redone due to some torn bits and bad looking roof lining. And at some stage maybe some racing seats. Only time will tell.

For the brakes I will go the same route as Boksie with the Almera Disc’s on the front with the normal 1400 Struts. Will see how the body sits when the conversion is done and then decide if I will lower the front or not. The original springs has been heated to drop the front by previous owner so might end up getting a set of springs that are same length as the heated ones. The height is perfect as it is with the 1200 in. So might be a bit low with the 4AGE in. Only time will tell.

For the back , will run a 1400 diff for starters and upgrade later when the turbo is fitted. Brakes on the back , not sure what the brakes are but will find out later. There is disc’s that bolt straight to the 1400 diff but can’t remember what car they are from.

Apparently the normal 1200 brake master cylinder works very well with the mod so will leave that as it is.

The engine bay needs lot of work, will redo the full wiring loom in the engine bay. Not happy with some of the mods the previous owner did.
Engine bay also needs to be sprayed same colour as the car. But it will happen when i do the engine swop.

Engine : 4AGE 20V Silver Top
Gearbox : 21R Cressida Box
Will be N/A for now unless if I get my hands on some cash.

Will probably end up using a GoTech Pro X fuel management system. Running 60-2 setup with it.

Nice set of branches and free flow. Not sure on the size though......

Attachments:
GX1.jpg
GX1.jpg [ 56.98 KiB | Viewed 14557 times ]
GX2.jpg
GX2.jpg [ 58.79 KiB | Viewed 14557 times ]
GX3.jpg
GX3.jpg [ 57.93 KiB | Viewed 14557 times ]
GX4.jpg
GX4.jpg [ 57.44 KiB | Viewed 14557 times ]
Interior1.jpg
Interior1.jpg [ 90.57 KiB | Viewed 14557 times ]
Interior2.jpg
Interior2.jpg [ 81.09 KiB | Viewed 14557 times ]
Interior3.jpg
Interior3.jpg [ 103.57 KiB | Viewed 14557 times ]
Interior4.jpg
Interior4.jpg [ 92.41 KiB | Viewed 14557 times ]
Interior5.jpg
Interior5.jpg [ 91.6 KiB | Viewed 14557 times ]
Boot.jpg
Boot.jpg [ 86.78 KiB | Viewed 14557 times ]
Engine bay.jpg
Engine bay.jpg [ 97.73 KiB | Viewed 14557 times ]

Toy:
Daily:

Last edited by crusty on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:46 am, edited 32 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 4AGE 20v GX Coupe in the making
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:54 am 
Resident Clown

So i have seen that here are some people that are good with pictures. Is there someone that can change the colour of the car for me to see what it would like ?

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:06 am 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

You have a brilliant base to work from. As for the exterior, i wouldnt change a thing, maybe just the wheels.

Interior, keep it as it is but maybe add a touch of color, and some revamping and she will look great! You have such a great example of the car, if you wanna rip it up and add bucket seats etc etc, use the other body and go balls to the wall with it ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:13 am 
Resident Clown

i would like to but can't afford to work on 2 of them. That's why the other one is for sale.

Will only keep this one and build in the 4AGE.

I just need to get someone who can help me with the engine mounts.

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:05 pm 
0.5 bar boost

I wouldn't change a thing on that car's exterior. It a nice looking coupe, which you don't see that often no more. Change the colour if you want. (blue would look nice :lol: ) even the wheels if you really want to, but keep the rest as is, the interior as well, you can re do it, but I would do it in black again. :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:09 pm 
Resident Clown

Thanx for the advice.

Also like to looks of the car. But i think the mags makes the car as well. Would not look so good without the mags.

Was thinking about going gray on the interior.

I think Boksie is good in the blue but i would personally stay away from the blue. I have this funny idea to make the car green..................

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:11 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

The boksie was originally when I bought it supposed to be sprayed green...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:06 pm 
Resident Clown

I really think it should go green.

Here's some more pictures.

Engine & gearbox.

Then when i checked for rust under the fenders i had to take it all apart to do a proper inspection. So took pics with and without the bumper. Without the bumper looks better to me but think it should stay original outside , that is body wise. The wheels will stay for sure. They just need new rubber. will fail roadworthy test with the rubber that is on it now.

Attachments:
Engine & Gearbox.jpg
Engine & Gearbox.jpg [ 96.63 KiB | Viewed 14530 times ]
Met bumper.jpg
Met bumper.jpg [ 112.21 KiB | Viewed 14530 times ]
Sonder bumper.jpg
Sonder bumper.jpg [ 132.19 KiB | Viewed 14530 times ]

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:11 pm 
Resident Clown

This is the reason i want green but not the same green.

Not sure what green exactly but more towards the green Eclips in Fast and Furious

Attachments:
green gx.JPG
green gx.JPG [ 63.54 KiB | Viewed 14527 times ]

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:11 pm 
Resident Clown

New Alamera disc's R440 for the set. 256mm vented.
Just need to find some calipers now.

Dash crashpad (surround) R1020 - grey
Glove box R110
Glove box lid R110 - grey

Rev counter new original R850 - wonder if this will work with any fuel management system.

Master cylinder without booster (1200 model) R625 - Australian make not Chinese

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:14 pm 
Streetracing.co.za Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:29 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Ek sal die mounts bou, moenie jy worry nie.

Rev counter works on any ECU, because it doesn't actually link into it, you simply run the positive wire going to the coil or coils(they all will link to the same positive wire, the negative outputs trigger them) through the back of the counter in a loop. It then picks up the RPM via induction.

Mine worked perfectly on both the Dicktator STD and Dicktator 60-2, so it must work on any other ECU...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:30 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Except for the upholstery on the doors, side panels, dash surround and some minor other things I'd not even change the seats.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:13 am 
Resident Clown

Thanks boksie for the info on the rev counter. And also for the mountings. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

The dash needs to be replaced and the back side panels need to be replaced due to damage on them. Had a guy here that does upholstery and he told me that i will not be able to get the same black at that is in the car. I have a role of grey vinyl that i bought for the other GX. So i will be using the gray for the interior and due to the gray i will also go for a gray dash.

Will also change the side panels in the boot to gray. will at some stage change the carpet as well.

For the seats i think they will stay but will go for re-upholstery.

Will also do some custom work on the original dials...

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:25 pm 
Resident Clown

ok so i need to find out about the flywheel etc.

Do i have to use the Silver Top flywheel or can I use a normal 4AGE flywheel ? And the same goes for the pressure and clutch plates ??

Want to get some prices so long so i need to know which ones will work.....

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:47 pm 
2 Bar BOOST!

Any 4AGE flywheel wil work, but you'd want to have one of the later model 16V, 20V silertop or blacktop flywheel because they can take larger clutch plates.

I have a pressure plate lying here at home that'll go onto a 20V flywheel which you can have. For free, as in beer. Just have a copper button clutch made and find a flywheel and you can drive...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:20 pm 
Resident Clown

When you say you have a ST pressure plate that means i have to get a ST flywheel ?

Do you get then easy ???? And do you know what the diameter of the flywheel is ??

Should probably be careful if i go bigger that it doesn't catch on the bellbousing ?????

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:30 pm 
Resident Clown

I think i should change my plans on the GX.

I will get everything i need to get the twin cam in and then when she runs perfectly i will start on the interior.
Once the interior is sorted i will focus on the exterior. Not changing it but just getting a decent spray paint on it.

Then the big plans will follow.

Buy a second 20v and go big on it. Think i should try and get the wildest turbo 20v in the area...............
Then when she is completely redone and build , just do a engine swop. If it @#%$ then i just change again and drive while i fix..............

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:47 am 
Resident Clown

So on a T3 turbo what would the highest boost be the turbo can handle ?

Toy:
Daily:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 am 
2 Bar BOOST!

It doesn't depend on the turbo type/size really, it depends on the housing design and turbo shaft size and so on how much boost it can handle. But the engine size also determines the maximum boost the turbo will be able to support, since a small turbo on a large engine might simply not flow enough to say push 1 bar as it would go out of it's efficiency range.

There's some really nice books you can buy if you want to dable in turbo's, they are good reads and help you understand all of what you need to know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2985 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 150  Next